Tuesday, October 26, 2010

Is it worth it?????


So here I am trying to get my phone to work with my calendar on my computer and thinking how nice it would be to develop the pictures that I've taken with my phone by downloading them so they can be printed rather than simply showing the pictures on my phone to my friends. With that said, it would be great to have my remote controls working together (really it would be nice to have one remote control).

They say most people use their technology at ten to twenty percent of what it really could perform. I think most people are just happy to have things " kind of" work because of the frustration of trying to setup, hookup, or download whatever!

Now that I vented, I want to tell everyone it is worth it. I certainly have much to learn with my technology being that most of the time I don’t know what remote to use, but I can’t help but think about the fact that most of us would not go back to no email, no cell phone, no texting, and especially no cable! All of these make my life better because I spent time learning what they could do. Just hang in there and work on the learning curve. Pick one piece of equipment a week and learn something new about it. It will improve your time management and quality of life. Just take the time to try it and maybe even learn it. Once you do that, repeat it over and over again. Just like anything, you will be happier, better informed, and in the know. Look at me - I now have a blog. It is worth it!

2 comments:

  1. Hi Chuck, that is why I had children so they can do it for me...just kidding, although they taught me everything I know about computers!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is a good idea Chuck. Sometimes technology can be overwhelming. It can also work with appliances in the home. How many buttons do you use on the microwave? Do you know how many regeneration options there are on your water softener? What about all the personal preferences that you can set on your satellite/cable? Bring your owner's manual on a long boring flight or a long road trip if you are the passenger. Have Pat drive the next time you go to Bayfield Chuck! Sorry Pat. Talk to you later.

    ReplyDelete